fit2fly™ are designated to undertake the UK Oil and Gas Medicals (Formerly UKOOA) and Bi-shoulder width measurements for safe helicopter transfer as recommended by the CAA Off Shore Helicopter Safety Action Group (OHSAG).
The process is simple!
1) Book an appointment by calling 0333 404 3232 ( We work late nights and Saturdays!)
2) Bring in a valid photo ID ideally a Passport
3) Ideally bring in a recent Patient Summary from your Doctor- You can request this directly but it usually takes 48hrs to process.
4) Bring in your previous certificate – if applicable
5) Bring in your glasses / contact lens if you require them
6) Complete and sign the medical declaration form
7) Come with a full bladder as we’ll need to check your urine
8) Wear suitably loose clothing for easy access / undressing for the medical checks
9) Bring in a chaperone if you wish one to be present during the clinical examination
10) The medical form will be reviewed with the doctor
11) The doctor will then undertake a medical check including but not limited to your
Body Mass Index calculation
Spirometry for lung function
Check of your abdomen including hernia checks
Urine check for blood, protein and glucose * drug testing if applicable
Checks on your joints, muscles, reflexes, coordination
Shoulder width – as needed
Skin checks and varicose veins
Colour vision as required
Hearing test and Audiogram
12) Issue you with your certificate which normally lasts for 2 years
13) If not done so already pay for the medical assessment or any additional tests
14) Leave with a big smile and a receipt.
The whole process should take about an hour bit leave enough time to park, relax and chat to our friendly staff
Cash, Credit Card or BACS payment
American Express or Cheques will not be accepted